Saturday, August 26, 2006

Traditions...........

On UKScrappers earlier this week they asked about traditions that you remember from your childhood. The one that springs to mind for me is Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. For many years as my brother and I were growing up, my Mum would take us to Midnight Mass at our local church. This meant that we wouldn't be in bed and asleep much before 2am!!! Smart thinking Mum!

Of course the funny part being that Mum would be up early to pop the turkey in the oven and would then have to wait for the 2 of us to wake up! In fact I remember a number of years where her own excitement meant that she woke us up, telling us to grab our stockings and come and open them in her bed!!!!!!!! So when parents complain about how early they were gotten up on Christmas morning by their children, please remember my brother & I, we know exactly how you feel!!!!!!!!! 8-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Debs said...

LOL - Allie 'tis not hard to imagine your mum bouncing up and down in excitement on christmas morning to wake you up.

6:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home