Thursday, January 18, 2007

Heard the heartbeat for the first time 8-)

I had an appointment with the midwife on Tuesday, to be told that my blood glucose was fine, that I am immune to german measles (I remember the rubella injection well, so no surprise there!), that my blood count was good and what my blood group is (as a blood donor for the last 15 years of my life, knew that already!).

Then, I had to get on the bed and using a doppler she found the heartbeat! I was worried beforehand as this is sometimes a time, that something has happened and you're now aware of it, so was very happy to hear it 8-) It was 150 beats per minute and is quite the wriggler! Even the midwife was surprised at how active it was! In that respect, I'm almost pleased that I can't feel any movement yet! I think that I'll know when I do!!!

So, just 20 more days until my 20 week scan and seeing whether we'll be able to see what we're having. In the meantime, I'm still waiting for a decent bump to emerge - I still look like I ate all the pies at Christmas!!! LOL! 8-)

5 Comments:

Blogger ally said...

awww it is a fantastic feeling when you hear the baby's heart beat. you will feel it wiggle soon enough :)
hugs xxx

8:59 pm  
Blogger kiwirach said...

i'm so thrilled for you guys allie...this is such an exciting time in your lives.

9:27 pm  
Blogger Debs said...

Go wriggler, Go wriggler.
So peased everything went well at your appt darlin'. Really looking forward to your next scan - we all want to know about lil' Tiddler T's bits ...teehee

5:38 pm  
Blogger Tracie H said...

Awww bless....a ickle jelly babe for us all to coo over.
Tx

11:27 pm  
Blogger Ann Freeman (mafswife) said...

Keep well hun, you wait til you feel teh wriggles - I am carrying an envigorated alien this week I tell you!!

Glad all is going well for you

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home